Cindy Beall
I love the Holy Spirit.
He guides, counsels, comforts, and protects.
I appreciate the guidance that comes as a gentle nudge to write a much-needed note to a friend who is hurting. I am amazed at the counsel that falls from my lips when I have no earthly idea what to say to a woman in need. I adore the comfort I get when I am hurting and no one on this earth can do the trick. I love knowing that my children are protected within a hedge erected by the One True God.
But He also convicts.
And dang if I don't like that.
Please don't misunderstand me. I love the outcome of conviction but am just not a fan of the discomfort that goes along with it. But, it's necessary. It's necessary for growth and a changed life. And I want a changed life.
I raise this issue of conviction with you because I have been slammed with it on every side in regard to a particular issue in my life.
My motives.
The why behind what I do.
Questions haunting me recently have had to do with the purity, or lack of it, behind why I do things or why I say things or why I write things or why I go to the places I go.
I think you get my point.
Do I do things I do to get my name out or to see what people think about me or to make sure I'm seen shaking the right hand or hugging the right neck? Do I want recognition so that my self-esteem and fleshly desires can be unhealthily fed? Do I comment or speak just to hear myself?
Sometimes.
Sometimes I do.
I want to have pure motives. I want to have an agenda that is solely about building the Kingdom of God. I want to get my desires out of the way long enough so that I can be fully yielded to what I absolutely know God has called me to do.
Still starving the flesh.
Is anybody hearin' what I'm sayin'?
Cindy Beall is a Christ follower who uses her gift of exhortation by writing and mentoring women. She uses her past experiences, including the near death of her marriage, to encourage people that God truly does redeem. For more information about Cindy, log onto www.cindybeall.com
No comments:
Post a Comment