Friday, August 17, 2012

Living In Your Season

By Jermaine Lawrence Anderson
        
“Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.” – Psalm 1

Many of us have not met here since I shared with you the word that the Lord had given me, “TRUST.” Well, here we are again, and I trust that this new word that has been placed in my spirit will help you live the life that you are destined to live.

As one year drew to a close and the year began to dawn upon us, the Lord placed a word in my spirit. The word was “LIVE IN YOUR SEASON”. This word became so powerful that I began to share it everywhere that I went. At first I thought I knew what the word meant, but as I began to study more, the word became clearer than ever.

It is important that each one of us lives in the season that God has designed for our lives. The word season has many denotations, but the one that I like best defines season as “in the time or state for use.” You or I can be the best at our craft, but if we are living out of season, we are a hindrance to the whole body.
During a particular moment in my life, I was employed by one of the finest institutions in America. I held a high position, developed the favor of the people and most of all had the favor of God resting on my life. During my tenure I was able to implement many new ideas and help take this organization to a new level.

I can remember it as if it was yesterday; I walked into my office and there was a change in season. The strange part was that I was the only one noticing what was taking place. All of my colleagues were continuing work as usual, but for me, I no longer fit. Often times we are living among those who are living outside of their season.

One explanation of the word season says “for a short time.” When you realize that life is to be lived in seasons you will come to understand that we are where we are, but only for a short time. We should never get comfortable at a certain place in our lives. Comfortability breeds complacency and complacency breeds stagnation.

Yes, my colleagues did not notice what was taking place, because it was my season that was changing, not their season. We each have our own season. My season will not end the same day your season begins, nor will your season begin when my season ends. Seasons are lived independently.

Scripture of the Day: “Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.” – Psalm 1

Jermaine Lawrence Anderson serves on the Executive Leadership Team at the 6,000+ member Apostolic Faith Church in Chicago, IL. Jermaine also serves as President and CEO of Kingdom Resources, a faith-based consulting firm that focuses on increasing Kingdom visibility and ministry productivity. http://www.jermainelanderson.com

No comments: