Saturday, August 11, 2012

There Is More!

By Jamie Carte
        
I want to share a story with you about myself. I got saved and grew as a Christian and was a Minister for years before I realized what I am about to share with you. I used to be in a denomination that taught and believed that once you got saved, "You got all The Holy Spirit you were going to get right then." I quote this because I had heard this over and over again. Meaning, there were no other experiences that people have with The Holy Spirit once you give Him your life and get saved. Then my sister began to tell me of what she was learning about The Holy Spirit where she was attending Church. She would speak about another encounter with The Holy Spirit and it was called The Baptism of The Holy Spirit. I just would not believe it, and would even get angry about this topic for I knew what I had been taught and believed myself.

Then one day I was in the bathroom. Yes, God will show you amazing things while in the bathroom! I was reading my Bible while in there and I read in John 20 that on the first day of the week behind closed doors, Jesus appeared to His disciples and showed them His hands and feet after the crucifixion. The Word continued to say that Jesus breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit!" Then under the direction of The Holy Spirit I turned my Bible to Acts 1:1-9. The Word said that Jesus had appeared after His suffering to His disciples and gave them many convincing proofs that He was alive over a period of forty days! Acts 1:4-5, "On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

The disciples had already Received The Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them in the room behind the locked doors! And on another occasion while He was eating with them He told them to wait again a few more days for A GIFT! This was not the same experience or day as when they received The Holy Spirit and He went to live in them after Jesus breathed on them! THERE WAS ANOTHER ENCOUNTER WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT STILL TO COME! Jesus said to wait A FEW MORE DAYS for the Gift, and this experience is called The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit (verse 5)! I had been wrong the whole time! If you have never received this wonderful Gift from God, start today asking Jesus for it! Study His Word and see for yourself there is another encounter with God and His Holy Spirit! Yes, my friend truly THERE IS MORE!
           
Scripture of the Day: "And having said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit!" - John 20:22 (AMP)

Jamie Carte is Vice President and Senior Minister of Jamie Carte Ministries in Hico, West Virginia, USA. An evangelist, Bible teacher, writer and speaker, Jamie reaches the lost and teaches the Bride of Christ how to prepare for Her Wedding Day, which is The Rapture of The Church. Visit Jamie Carte at http://www.jamiecarte.org.…

No comments: