Friday, September 7, 2012

Stop Arguing With Me!

By Jamie Carte
        
The word “argue” means TO PROVE, or to maintain, BY REASONING; to DEBATE, to DISPUTE; to PERSUADE (INTO, OUT OF); to offer REASONS; a quarrel; a reason put forward in support of an assertion or OPINION; DISCUSSION, PROTEST, theme of discourse. So, who are the one’s arguing with their Creator? God’s People are arguing with Him about what He has said and it is happening on a daily basis! You may be thinking right now, Jamie, I would NEVER argue with My Lord! Well, let us take a look at it and we will start with just one person who did it also.

Exodus 3:10-12 (NLT) shows us God talking to Moses, “Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt. 11 But Moses protested to God, Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt? 12 God answered, I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.” Moses was PROTESTING or ARGUING with God about what He had just told Moses He wanted him to do, and what God said He WOULD DO! Then we find God still explaining to Moses how He will take care of the assignment that He was giving Moses throughout the rest of Chapter 3. Then in Chapter 4, verse 1 (AMP), we find Moses once again OFFERING REASON, DISPUTING AND TRYING TO PERSUADE God, “And Moses answered, But behold, they will not believe me or listen to and obey my voice; for they will say, The Lord has not appeared to you.”

Then we read on in Chapter 4 of Exodus that God SHOWED Moses by signs and miracles that He was able to back His Words that He was speaking to Moses and fulfilling what He said He would do! Yet, once again we read in Exodus 6:30 (NLT), “But Moses ARGUED with the Lord, saying, “I can’t do it! I’m such a clumsy speaker! Why should Pharaoh listen to me?” God had given Moses His Word. Father God had shown Himself to Moses and made sure that He had even displayed Himself and His truthfulness and faithfulness, but Moses still wanted to ARGUE, REASON, DISPUTE, PROTEST and GIVE HIS OPINION to God and His Word!

Now, it is SO EASY to look at the accounts and arguments that we can read, that Moses had with God and His Word to him, but WHAT IF THE WORLD COULD READ OUR ARGUMENTS WITH GOD? What if the world could HEAR our arguments with God? Friend, they hear them EVERY DAY! Again, you may be thinking, I do not argue with The Lord, I would never do that! The Bible tells us that in 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV), “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: BY WHOSE STRIPES YE WERE HEALED.” Yet, what do we say when we are feeling and experiencing symptoms in our bodies?

For example, if you FEEL a cold coming on. You are beginning to sneeze. Your throat is beginning to be sore, you feel like a fever is happening in your body and your body is beginning to ache. So, what is one of the first things we do? We start saying, “Boy, I am really not feeling good!” “I feel like I have a fever.” “My throat is sore and I am aching all over!” “I must be getting a cold or the flu!” Now, all of those statements may be a FACT but they are not THE TRUTH! The TRUTH is that you are healed! And The TRUTH Will Outweigh and Prevail Over a FACT, EVERY TIME – IF ALLOWED TO! So, if you and I say the opposite of what God has told us by His Word (for by His stripes we are healed) . . . WE ARE ARGUING WITH HIM! Father God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit need us to get in agreement with what we can and really do have, instead of believing and saying what we feel! When we believe and say the opposite of what God says, we are arguing with Him! GOD HAS TOLD US WHAT THE TRUTH IS IN HIS WORD, SO WE SHOULD NOT BE TELLING HIM THE FACTS THAT WE SEE AND FEEL! That is exactly what Moses was doing! Moses kept telling God what he saw and thought, not what God said! Remember the word “argue” means TO PROVE BY REASONING. You are speaking and proving to yourself and others by your own reasoning and symptoms that you are sick, instead of proving and reasoning with yourself and others what God said in His Word, that for by His stripes you are healed!

Church, the world is listening everyday to what we believe about our bodies, families and finances just to name a few . . . . AND ARE THEY HEARING WHAT WE THINK AND FEEL OR WHAT GOD HAS SAID? It’s time for us to yes, surrender our lives and be born again and yet to surrender our lives every day after we are born again to Jesus! Are we living according to His Word or our own thoughts, ideas and words? We are the vessels that God uses now and He is telling us as His Children, as you have told your children many times . . . STOP ARGUING WITH ME!

Verse of the Day: “What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? . . .” Isaiah 45:9 (NLT)

No comments: